The EDC Conference Bursary Fund is intended to support new professionals without professional development funds. We invite all early career educational developers (up to 3 years’ experience) who do not have professional development funds to apply to the EDC bursary fund to receive financial assistance to attend the conference or institute.
The amount of each bursary will be up to a maximum of the cost of conference and pre-conference fees. The exact amount of the bursary will depend on the number of successful applications.
To Apply to the Fund
Complete the application form – see below. Email your application to Celia Popovic <email@example.com>, EDC Vice-Chair, Conferences by December 16th, 2016 for the EDC Conference.
Applicant does not have access to other Professional Development funds.
Priority criteria (if there are more applications than bursaries available):
- Previous recipient of the bursary – priority will be given to those who have not previously received a bursary.
- Impact of bursary on applicant’s career and personal development (judged by applicant’s statement).
- Applicant’s contribution to the conference or institute – priority will be given to those presenting or who are a volunteer from the host site.
- Institutional and regional representation – priority will be given to those from institutional or regional areas that are less represented.
- Apply and receive confirmation of the bursary.
- Recipients of the EDC Conference or Institute Bursary are required to pay the conference fee at the time of registration.
- In order to be reimbursed, each recipient must complete an expense claim form. Enter “EDC Conference or Institute 2016 Registration” as the item on the expense form along with the registration amount, and attach the e-receipt that you received at the time of registration.
- Email the completed form and attached e-receipt to Celia Popovic <firstname.lastname@example.org> (Vice-Chair, Conferences).
- The cheque will be mailed to the address you provide on the expenses form.